Heather is the founder of Nutrition CheckUp, a private nutrition practice located in Pittsburgh, PA., focusing on healthy eating and performance eating for families, athletes and those struggling with disordered eating. At her practice, Heather provides one-on-one, group and family counseling to help clients break through their barriers to success and get started down a new path to being healthy. Heather will teach and coach clients to make healthy food choices that are specific to their individual needs. You won’t be put on a diet; Instead, Heather works with clients one-on-one to promote a healthier lifestyle that will be adopted forever. Different clients present with different health concerns, struggles and nutrition knowledge and therefore counseling sessions vary from one client to another. She meets the client where they are in their readiness to develop healthy habits and works with them to grow from there. All sessions are geared to help individuals make practical changes in their nutritional regimen for their specific goals.
- Meal Timing and Planning
- Using Food to Improve Performance
- Using Food to Improve Recovery
- Using Food to Prevent Fatigue
- Nutrition Supplements
- Body Fat Loss
- Building Muscle
- Disordered Eating
- Nutrient Analysis
Weight Management for help with the following:
- Individual weight loss plans
- Individual muscle gain plans
- Group weight management
- Family weight management
- Beating barriers to successful eating
- Recipe modification
- Meal Planning
- Providing a safe, nutritionally sound meal plan while working out eating fears and concerns
- Science based nutritional education, myth busting and help sorting nutrition fact from fiction.
Medical Nutrition Therapy:
- We are excited to announce that we have recently started to accept insurance for medical nutrition therapy.
- Diabetes, Hypertension, GI Disorders, Obesity Related Diseases, Metabolic Syndrome and High Cholesterol are a few of the areas of MNT that are covered.
Office hours are by appointment only, and vary from week to week based on Heather’s availability. If you are interested in scheduling a private, one-on-one counseling, coaching or family session, contact our office at 412-445-9036 or email office manager Michelle Lewis, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Location in Imperial, PA, conveniently located only a few minutes off Rt. 22/30, in a residential neighborhood with free parking. Limited availability is also offered at our Greentree office, located at 651 Holiday Drive, Foster Plaza 5, Suite 300 Pittsburgh, PA 15220.
Payment is expected in full at the time of service for all private-pay clients. Packages vary based on individual needs and goals. We currently accept the following insurance plan:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield