Having a hard time picking out a gift for that special someone? Giving a gift certificate can be a great way to introduce someone to a new activity or enable them to get away and enjoy themselves in a way they may have never considered. Check out these active and entertaining gift ideas.
- Non-professional Cooking Class Cooking classes are fun to attend. You can learn new dishes, make new friends, and take home new techniques and ideas to make cooking at home more enjoyable. Check out your local culinary school and see if they offer “open to the public” cooking classes. For example, The Le Cordon Bleu Cooking School offers non-professional classes for the cooking enthusiast. You can check out your local grocery stores to see if they offer such services as well.
- Three month gym membership– Perfect for the family member or friend that has been talking about joining the gym but has yet to take the plunge? A short term membership may be just what they need to get moving. Around this time of year many gyms run specials for new members or even allow their current members to invite friends and family at a reduced rate.
- Nutrition Consult– Just right for someone wondering if their diet is adequate in the vitamins and minerals needed to fight illness, prevent chronic diseases and optimize their health. Many registered dietitians can provide a nutrition analysis of the diet which can tell you just that. To find a registered dietitian that may offer these services visit The American Dietetic Association’s website and enter your zip code.
- Sports Lessons– A wonderful way to progress that special someone from talking about doing it to actually accomplishing their goal. From a lesson with a ski instructor to a golf lesson, this is a great way to introduce someone to a new sport or improve their skills in one they already play.
- Membership to an organization that offer outdoor recreational activities– look for local organizations that offer activities such as kayaking, trekking, climbing, biking or other activities. Give a gift certificate for a yearly membership or spend a little more toward a weekend getaway. In Pittsburgh, Venture Outdoors has multiple gift certificate packages available. Another great website loaded with ideas for active people across the nation is Xperience Days.